- Jewish sources – this is just a start, but here are some sources suggested by Rabbi Rubin and others on the committee
- Some of you were able to remotely attend the fantastic sessions of The Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest that ran in early February around Tu Bishvat, recommended by Rabbi Rubin. For those of you who want to see a replay, many are available here on YouTube and on Facebook and more on the Hazon website. They are worth watching!
- There are some very helpful resources on the website of The Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (COEJL) which “deepens and broadens the Jewish community’s commitment to stewardship and protection of the Earth through outreach, activism, and Jewish learning.”
- “Aklim – A Jewish Response to Climate” – the Jewish voice offers hope, strength and a path forward to healing the damage we have done.
- Hazon – Hazon is building a movement that strengthens Jewish life and contributes to a more environmentally sustainable world for all.
- General sources – again, there are so many to choose from. We will highlight several at a time
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate by Naomi Klein
- This is the Way the World Ends by Jeff Nesbitt
- We Are The Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Johathan Sagran Foer
- Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming, edited by Paul Hawken. Drawdown is a compendium of ways of attacking the climate crisis, assessed by an enormous team of researchers to estimate costs, benefits, and amount of CO2 reduction:
- Movies and videos
- Time To Choose – on Amazon Prime Video and iTunes (rent or buy)
- Cowspiracy – Netflix (free)
- Ice on Fire – on HBO
- The Years of Living Dangerously (2 Seasons) Amazon Prime Video (buy)
- An Inconvenient Truth’ and The Sequel, as well as the book by the same name- Al Gore
- Podcasts and more
- Just Have a Think
- Climate Cast by NPR
Pope Francis’s beautiful powerful inspiring treatise. Here’s a digital version: “…on care for our common home:” Laudato si’ (24 May 2015) -Pope Francis
- Bill McKibben’s New Yorker article, and associated presentations on Youtube.
- News and articles
1. Climate Justice Congregation Program – Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light
5. ‘The lost years’: Climate damage that occurred on Trump’s watch will endure long after he is gone – CNNPolitics