This bike tour will take us to three distinct neighborhoods-the West Side, Capitol City, and Selby-Dale where Jews lived from first settling here in the 1850s to the 1950s. The tour is 12 miles round trip (West Side flats to Dunn Brothers on Snelling and Grand) with one climb from the State Capitol to the Cathedral. An additional 15 mile loop can be added to include the Mount Zion and the West Side cemeteries. The contrast between the two, the former for German Jews and the latter for Jews from Eastern Europe is startling and instructive.
There is a $3.00 charge for snacks and drinks
PLEASE RSVP ONLINE BY JULY 29TH SO WE KNOW TO EXPECT YOU TO JOIN US.Â WE DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!
- Our Ride begins at the West Side flats.Â We will meet at 10:00 AM behind the Comcast Building at 10 River Place Plaza on the corner of Robert and Fillmore.Â
- 12 Mile Loop: We will reach Dunn Bros on Grand & Snelling at about 12:30PM for a break and for those who wish to return to the start at that point.
Additional 15 Mile loop includes the Jewish cemeteries taking another 2-3 hours.Â Â Experienced riders only for this add on portion.
- All riders must wear helmets and bring water bottles.Â Additional water will be provided.
- Children: Experienced riders 11 years and older are welcome to come with an adult.
- There will be a â€˜sagâ€™ wagon for those who may need support.